East West Destination Hospitality is thrilled to share that it was recently honored – along with seven of our managed properties – at the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s 2016 Environmental Leadership Awards.
East West Destination Hospitality (EWDH), Eagle Point Resort, Falcon Point, Vail Spa Condominiums, Poste Montane Lodge and The Wren at Vail were all honored as Gold Leaders and The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa was honored as Bronze Achiever.
A total of 169 Colorado businesses were recognized this year by the statewide environmental reward program, which is administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. It recognizes companies for going beyond state and federal environmental regulations and for their outstanding environmental achievements that help keep Colorado a desirable place to work and live.
With more than $1.2 billion in assets under management, EWDH actively manages more than 2,500 unites in the Vail Valley. Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, the company has long been committed to being a leader in the reduction of environmental impacts by engaging their associations, owners, guests and community through the use of responsible products and sustainable practices.
Some recent examples include:
- EWDH reduced water consumption by 1.7 million gallons of water – a 6 percent savings – from 2014 to 2015 at its managed properties.
- EWDH is overseeing more than $20 million in renovations at two of its managed properties:
- At Vail Spa Condominiums, owners are funding $10 million in upgrades, including new energy-efficient and noise-reducing windows and doors, and a new solar heating mechanical system for the pool.
- At Beaver Creek’s Highlands Slopeside, owners have committed nearly $9 million on exterior upgrades, including a new roof, new energy-efficient windows and doors.
- Seven of the EWDH managed properties – The Ascent, Eagle Point, Eye Pieces, Falcon Point, Poste Montane Lodge, Vail Spa and The Wren – have been certified by the Vail Valley’s Actively Green program, a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel International which provides sustainable business training and certification programs.
“East West Destination Hospitality is dedicated to implementing unique new ways to make all of our lodging properties as eco-friendly as possible,” said EWDH Managing Partner Peter Dann. “We are excited to have so many of our managed properties receive this prestigious green accolade.”